1. Open your image into Perfect Layers.
2. Next, on the left, click on the "Extras" tab. Click "User Extras", and then click on "Textures" to show your texture sets.
3. Click a texture set to view the images, and then double-click a texture to add it to your photograph.
4. A window will pop up asking you how to apply the image. Select "Add as a layer", and click OK.
5. Your texture is now added to your document. It may need some adjusting, so you can use the adjustments to make these changes:
- If you need to rotate the texture, click on the "Transform" tool on the left. Then, use the rotate icons on the top-right of your preview window to rotate or flip the texture. Click "Apply" when you are finished transforming the layer.
- If the texture file is smaller than your image, click on the "Transform" tool on the left. Then, click on "Fill" on the top-right of your preview window and the texture will fit to your entire image. Click "Apply" when you are finished transforming the layer.
- If you would like to blend the texture with your image, make sure that the texture layer is selected and use the "Blending" drop-down to select an option. "Overlay" and "Soft Light" are good options to start with, but you can experiment with other settings to see if there's one you prefer. Yo ucan also reduce the Opacity in the Layers panel to soften the effect.
- To hide the texture in parts of the images, you can either use the gradient too, or the masking brush. The best way to blend it so that it looks natural is to set these tools at a low opacity.