Lightroom Classic & ACR:
First, in Lightroom, go to the Lightroom Preferences (NOT Catalog Preferences) and make sure that the "Store preset with this catalog" option is not checked.
Then, navigate to the Camera Raw > Settings folder and copy the .xmp preset files to that folder. Here is an alternate method of locating that folder:
- Mac: ~ / Library / Application Support / Adobe / CameraRaw / Settings
- Windows: C: \ ProgramData \ Adobe \ CameraRaw \ Settings
Alternately, you can access the folder with this method:
- Open Lightroom CC (make sure it is updated to the new version)
- Go to Lightroom > Preferences
- Click the "Preset" section at the top
- Click the "Show Lightroom Presets Folder"
- Ignore the folder it highlights, and instead go up to the Camera Raw folder and open it
- Open the Settings folder and copy your .xml presets files into this folder
- Restart Photoshop or Lightroom Classic and the presets/profiles should be installed.